Monday, January 2, 2012

Cliff is 4 months old!

It has been a long time since my last post.  Over two months to be exact.  I've just been trying to soak up every moment with Cliff.  I have been so very lucky to have had the last 4 1/2 months off to take care of him.  Those moments were priceless.  I realize many mothers don't have the opportunity to do so.  I have to return to work tomorrow and I'm definitely not looking forward to it.  But to be able to spend 17 weeks at home with Cliff was precious.

Being a mother is the most difficult, yet rewarding job.  There have been multiple sleepless nights, screaming sessions, and times when I thought I would not be able to function unless I was able to get some sort of nap.  It's amazing how our bodies are able to adjust to only getting around 4 hours of sleep per night.

Cliff has had many milestones.  His first smile (Oct 5th), he slept through the night (Nov 7th), laughed (Dec 6th), rolled over (Dec 6th), and most recently found his feet (Dec 27th).  His favorite time of day is bath time...he kicks, sucks on his washcloth, and plays with his toys.  His hand-eye coordination is getting much better.  He notices Charlie and Lincoln and has been trying to touch them.  Charlie seems to enjoy the attention.  Lincoln on the other hand wants nothing to do with it, which is probably for the best.

Our nighttime routine has been established for quite a while.  Cliff knows once I begin putting his pajamas on after his bath, that it is dinner time.  He gets very impatient because he knows what is coming.  He is still wearing his Swaddle at night.  Mike and I tried taking it away a few nights ago, but he lasted about 20 minutes until he woke up.  We decided to keep using it until he sleeps through the night more consistently, but unfortunately he's almost grown out of it.  Then we'll be in trouble.

Cliff has been completely on formula since he was 6 weeks old.  His tummy just couldn't handle anything but Similac.  That was a bit difficult at first, but it's nice to have a break.

All in all, Mike and I have the most perfect little man.  He is so precious and we couldn't imagine our lives without him.  Every time he smiles it is the most amazing thing.  I love him with all of my heart.  We are blessed.

Here are some pictures to sum up the last four months.  It has flown by so quickly!

First trip to the doctor's office (9/5)
                                              First bath in his tub          Daddy/Cliff bonding time



 

 



               

                                                                      I'm a Dragon!
                                                                          Halloween


                                                                          Go Illini!
                                                                         

                                                                      Christmas Day

No comments:

Post a Comment